Unplug and relax
Our wish is for you to have a truly relaxing experience, and really feel that you are in the middle of nature - as close as you can get! Dare to turn off all thoughts of everyday life and everything outside. Kylås farms biggest focus is presence. We want you to feel total presence, here and now, in the middle of the forest.
I have our wilderness village there is a coal hut and a larger goahti. The larger goahti has room for 10 adults around the fireplace and up to 20 children have spent the night in the cabin at the same time.
The little forest hut is built in the same way they were built in the past, when people still carried coal in the forest down here by the lake. There are two benches to sleep on, and a fireplace at the bottom of the hut. Here can be two adults or 4 children make room for an overnight stay.
There is a timber roof outside, with tables and seating for about 40 people. You can eat, gather and have conferences with the company with the feeling of being out in the forest while being protected from rain.
At the grill area, you can grill your food over an open fire. Charlie who built the huts was clear by saying that you should not bring your coffee thermos here, but coffee should be cooked in place over an open fire - then it tastes best. We have coffee pots available for borrowing so please do so and follow his wishes.
During the summer, the jetties are in the lake, with the opportunity for a nice swim. Diving from the jetty is strictly prohibited, as there is plenty of rock at the bottom. Step in from the jettyladder and enjoy having a whole lake for yourself!
The small rowing boat and the two canoes are next to the jetty. Borrow them for a leisurely ride on the lake. Don't forget the life jacket! Fishing with fishing rod is included in the rent.
Rules & Packing List
- You as firefighters are responsible for this. Look up fire bans if there are any. Extinguish the fire thoroughly before leaving the area.
- Do not walk on the roof of the huts
- Leave the area clean and tidy.
- Do not move any of the furniture under the large roof.
- Dogs should be on a leash - year round.
- Always close all road barriers after you.
- Use your own firewood or buy firewood from us, located in the wood store. Do not cut down trees from the forest.
- Pull up the canoes after use and turn upside down.
- In nature, the common law applies as usual, for example, you can pick mushrooms and berries but not break twigs from living trees.
Packing List Suggestions
- Sleeping pad and sleeping bag
- Drinking Water
- Clothes for all types of weather
- Good hiking shoes
- Heatcandles for lantern
- Fishing rod
- Food to cook over an open fire
- Last but not least, a switched off phone.
Mail & telephone
+46 (0)70 – 637 64 81
568 92 Skillingaryd